The holidays should be a time to enjoy our friends and family and not worry about potential pet hazards. Below are a few of the common items that we add to our homes during the winter holidays that could cause harm. We always hope to prevent our pets from ingesting or contacting a potential poison but if they do, it is important to know what is toxic and what isn’t. If you are ever concerned, please call us (503) 505-7576 with questions.
-Snow globes (may contain ethylene glycol)
-Tinsel (potential intestinal obstruction)
–Xylitol containing candies
–Raisins, grapes, currants (fruit cake)
-Any high fat food (butter, cream)